Wednesday, February 6, 2013

currently.




Watching: We recently got netflix streaming, so I've been binging on shows that I love! Destination Truth, 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Fact or Faked, Parks and Rec and at the moment River Monsters. Fish on! Haha. Yes, I'm watching a show about fishing. But it's good, trust me.

Thinking about: So, today I've been thinking and I'm pretty sure I'm going to start a year long photo project. Mostly totally inspired by the beautiful portraits of her children that james at bleubird has been posting. (I know many have been doing this, but James's are some of my favorites!) I love this idea, and what better time to start? I think it'll be great to have photos documenting how much Søren is growing and changing weekly. Also, maybe it'll help me to develop my photography skills. I need to (finally) learn how to use the thing in manual mode. I'm so impatient, so this will absolutely be an exercise in patience! I'm going to take my friend Rachel's advice and read the freaking manual. And so, that will be coming one day this week or next.

I've also been thinking our fam bam needs to travel more and have more adventures. First stop is Tennessee to visit g-mama and g-daddy at the end of this month, then maybe Miami/the keys to visit gramma and papa and hopefully St. Augustine to visit cousin Allie.  Then we want to go on a fun trip with just the three of us. A real adventure. Very much hoping to make that a reality by the end of this year!

Reading: I just finished Clockwork Angel and Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, and I absolutely can't wait to read the next book in the series. I've been listening to them at work on Audible. Clockwork Prince was read by Ed Westwick and Heather Lind. Seriously? In all honesty I have to say Ed Westwick could probably read me anything and I think I'd enjoy it. He really does an awesome acting job, and I'm pretty sure no one else can live up to the bar he's set in my mind for my favorite character, Will. Anyway, it's a fantasy series about Nephilim set in the 1800's. I'm so invested in these characters. I feel like if a book has me tearing up, throwing my hands in the air and texting my friend (who's also reading the series) saying, 'can you freaking believe this?!', then it's a good book. Ack! Cannot wait for the next book to come out in march. 

Listening:  Music wise, I've been listening to some of my favorites, like Florence and the Machine, Johnny Cash, Old Crow Medicine Show, Vampire Weekend, Coldplay, etc., and a lot on Pandora, but I'd like to buy more albums and own more music. I pretty much like all genres. Basically if I like it, I listen! Lately I've been wanting to listen to more Young the Giant, Mumford and Sons and the Avett Brothers. If you have any good music suggestions I'd love to hear them!

I also love podcasts. Specifically NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour, the Spilled Milk podcast, Simple Mom and my most favorite lately is the Joy the Baker podcast with Tracy from Shutterbean.com. So funny! I listen while I'm at work and they oddly help me focus. I would also love podcast suggestions!

Eating: Soooo many Brussels sprouts! I've recently fallen in love with them. Roasted, mostly, and ooooh with garlic aioli??? Mmmm. I'm literally salivating. Tomorrow I'm making cream and lemon braised Brussels. Ohhh yeah. I also have been enjoying a Francis Coppola vineyards 'Sofia' blanc de blancs. It's a fruity, effervescent wine and sooo delicious. 

Making me happy: So many things! My husband and sweet baby boy, always. Being a mom is my favorite. Coffee. Playing Halo4 on xbox live with my husband, nephew and brother in law (while drinking wine). Daydreaming about travel. Feeling like my normal self post pregnancy. Reading great books. My brother and sisters and family in general.  



Danielle from sometimessweet inspired this post. Feel free to link up and tell me what's making you happy!

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha...YES! Read your manual! It isn't the most exciting read, but you won't be sorry you did it :)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'll do it! I'm so impatient, though! I used it on manual today and just played with the settings until I thought the result was sort of what I wanted. Hoping I get better!!! Hah.

      Delete
    2. You will! It takes alotta practice...and patience...but you do have one of the cutest subjects ever so I am doubtful you will have any trouble getting it down pretty quickly ;)
      Let me know if you ever have any questions! Maybe I can help!

      Delete