Saturday, December 22, 2012

These two.



The other day I grabbed the camera while the boys were having an especially cute moment before Søren's bath. The love these two have for each other fills my heart up. I'm so thankful to have such a sweet, kind husband who loves our boy so much. 



Love!




We're getting ready for Christmas over here! We had hoped to get to Nashville to visit with our family there, but we just couldn't make it work with Adam's work schedule. So disappointing. I miss that city, and the people in it! But we'll make the best of it here, and try to get up to Nashville early next year. Tomorrow night we'll be getting together with my siblings and all their kids. We'll be eating lots of tasty food, and drinking yummy wine and cocktails. The kids will open all of their presents, and we adults will play boardgames. It'll be loud, crazy, and lots of fun. Søren won't quite know what's going on yet, but Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I'm so excited for when he gets a little bit older and more aware, so we can make the holiday as special for him as it was for me. It was always like magic when I was little. My mom made fresh 'sticky buns' from scratch every year, and we would get up before the sun to start opening the presents. And even though I was the youngest of six, there were always sooo many presents. I'm not sure how they did it. I hope we can make Søren's Christmases just as special! Since I've gotten married, I've kept up the tradition of having special breakfasts on the holidays. For Christmas this year I'm making cream cheese cinnamon rolls from shutterbean.com. Let me tell you, they are delicious. Adam requested them specifically. I made them last year for Thanksgiving morning, and we ate them while we watched the parade. So. Good. 




Well, I hope you all have such a happy holiday. I couldn't even sleep last night from all the excitement. I'm ridiculous, I know.  I'll leave you all with a photo that embodies the spirit of these two goofballs perfectly. 


Silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment